Thursday 11 April 2013

Family

Grace is the smallest kid in the drawing. She drew her family when she went to preschool, and she is the one who asked me to turn the drawing into a quilt. I thought she was an adult, but yesterday I got a photo of her and her mum together with the original work of art and the quilt - Grace is still a kid!!! She's only 14 and she arranged everything to get this birthday gift for her mum! The quilt brought tears to her mum's eyes... :-)

This is what Grace wrote to me when she first saw the finished softie - it made me feel good...

"That looks WONDERFUL!!!! I especially like the hair and the tummies :) The hair was one of the things I was really looking forward to seeing, because it's actually, in my opinion, one of the things that made the drawing so cool because in reality we all have dark hair! I have absolutely no idea why I gave us blonde hair when I was in preschool haha. I'm so excited now :) It looks SPLENDID!!!"


 

Egy jókedvű amerikai család.

No comments:

Post a Comment